Mint, Oregano or Puneh (scientific name : Mentha ) the plant from the class of petal continuous split, the leader of the Lamiaceae family and from the green vegetables. This plant has all the essential properties of oregano but the leaves have low wool. The oil is softer than oregano and the leaves have cuts alongside.
Minit is a plant that is perennial and herbaceous. It has two types of stems creeping and underground.
Among the roots, a small, leafy branch vertically out, which the leaves of that they are cross, oval, pointed, toothed and slightly covered with crack and it smells fragrant and pleasant smell from all parts of them. The stem of this plant rectangular and has the red to purple color. The flowers appear in July and August. The flowers have Rose or Purple-violet and grow in large numbers in the vicinity of each other in complex ways.
Mint plant with aerial roots and stems straight and it is square, and the leaves are 3-5 inches, and across, it is spear or spindle, the margin has been deep cuts, cuts its sharp edge .Mint leaves have the little crack. Green Mint usually cultivated in all parts of a world.
This plant is going in northern Iran and near Tehran wild and farmed.
Red Mint is the kind of mint that grow in mild and shallow waters at the river’s edge and go and because of red leaves, it has Red Mint name.
Medicinal properties and applications
It has all effects of troops , the spoiler, and mucus of oregano.
Menthol in peppermint specifically inhibits the production of 3 Mediator elicited inflammation. The synthesis of leukotriene B4, Prvstaklandyn and IL-1 is inhibited by menthol. So it is very effective in the treatment of inflammatory diseases such as bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis, and colitis. From Mint tissues also gain a crystallization of camphor that can be used like as ordinary camphor.
It consumes in brewed of mint leaves to use for strengthening and fix stomach and intestines.
Dried and soft leaves of mint are for rosy yogurt and buttermilk and fried it in oil in the name of fragrant mint known used for some Ashs.
- Nature of the mint is hot and dry.
- After the meal, you can use mint for indigestion.
- It is a good, cool and useful drink for summer. Boil 10 grams of mint in 1 liter of water and drink. Don’t use it every day.
- As same as tea have 1 grams of mint but not every day.
- It is a good cleansing Milk for oily skin:20 grams fresh mint, mixed chopped fresh parsley with milk and remain it for 12 hours, then smooth it and keep it in the refrigerator . It is good for oily skin and even for pimples and blemishes.
- To avoid louse wash your hair with sodden mint.
- After food and in the afternoon it is good to have sodden mint for the people who have Cholesterol.
- It makes blood concentration natural.
- For treatment of ear pain mixed Mint juice with honey and soaked cotton in it and put it in your ear.
- Drink mint and Veneris in the afternoon and morning for heart pain and suffocation.
- When preparing pickles use mint for being good for nerve.
- Bread and cheese and mint are very effective ,to strengthen the nerves.
- Chewing mint leaves are effective in relieving hiccups.
- Mint is effective for ear pain relief; mixed it with a little honey and rubbed around the ears and earlobes.